Tuesday Five: As an overnight guest
This past week I started out on a road trip which included driving through 11 states and staying at multiple friends and families homes. Here are 5 tips for when you are an overnight guest.
- Bring a host gift: If your host home has children, a nice children’s book or a family game will do. Otherwise a nice bottle of wine, a box of chocolates or a bouquet of flowers will also work. (stop by the local store in town and pick it up on your way!)
- Let your host home know the ETA and the ETD. This will help them in their own schedules and it makes it less awkward for them to have to ask, ‘So when are you leaving?’
- Be of help, assist in cooking dinner, help with clean up, etc. You are a guest, but you are not there to be waited on. Always be of assistance.
- Keep the bedroom door ajar when you are not in it, make sure your bed is always made. When time to depart, strip the bed, take the sheets off and put the comforter and pillows back on. Bring your sheets and towels down and ask where the laundry is.
- Leave a thank you note. Another nice touch; send another one after you return home.
What are some other suggestions when being an overnight guest?